Center for Body-Mind Harmony,
of Tallmadge, Ohio
Traditional Chinese Martial Arts
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a system of instruction that will develop each student's physical and mental well being,
utilizing Traditional Chinese Martial Arts techniques and training involving physical exercise, breathing, and meditation. Our goal is to provide instruction to build discipline, self-respect, and
awareness of ourselves, along with respect for others. Our teaching is presented with a positive attitude that stresses flexibility, balance, and self-defense, as well as coordination of the mind and
Current News and Events at the Center
- CHINA WEEK: The University of Akron's Confucius
Institute will be sponsoring a week long program, September 27th through October 3rd, focusing on the culture of China. There are numerous intersting programs and activities including Morning
Taiji with Shifu Gary Harris. Shifu Harris will be teaching the 24 Forms Taiji from 8:00 to 10:00 AM Monday, 9/29 to Thursday, 10/2. Check the University of Akron's CI website for a complete listing of China Week activities.
- BAGUA TIGHTHAND FORM WITH THE LU JIA DAO (DEER HORN KNIVES) SEMINAR:
The Center is planning on holding a seminar on the Lu Jia Dao. Right now we are looking at October 25th, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The cost of the seminar is
$45.00. Click here to see a picture of the students who took the
Bagua Tighthand seminar.
- YOGA AT THE CENTER: Join us for our Yoga Classes with instructor Barb Williams. Classes are conducted each
Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. Call the Center at 330.633.5071 to
- HALL OF FAME TOURNAMENT: Grandmaster Yang Xiao Dong (Tony Yang)'s Wu Tang International Warriors Hall of Fame Open Chinese Martial Arts Championship held at the Shaw JCC on August 9, 2014 was a great success. Master Yang will be holding another
tournament in August 2015.
- YOUTH CLASSES: Check out our Martial Arts for Youth Class. Classes are held from 6:00 to 6:55 PM
on Thursdays at the Center. Register your child today!
- TAJIQUAN classes are continuing at the Natatorium in Cuyahoga Falls. The Natatorium classes are held on
Wednesday evenings. The Advanced and Intermediate class runs from 6:00 to 7:00 PM and the Beginners class runs from 7:00 to 8:00 PM. Please contact the Center if you would like additional information about classes.
Copyright © 2014 The Center for Body-Mind Harmony, LLC